Carl Judson, the original "Guerrilla Painter" and plein air painter of 30 years, is on the road again.
Check out Carl's cool studio ride! And click here to follow Carl's latest posts from his "Albuquerque 2016" trip!
April/May, 2017: Carl is in the midst of his west coast trip. He is currently in San Diego for PACE 2017 (Plein Air Convention). In a few days, he will make his way up the coast to the San Francisco area to visit with old friends. Be sure to take a look at his latest Track My Tour posts!
See Carl's schedule below to see if he'll be in your neck of the woods. hear back from people who want to have Carl visit and give a seminar or grab a cup of coffee with their painting groups (your painting group?) -- so stay tuned. Here is the rest of his schedule for this trip:
- April 25: PACE 2017
- April 26: PACE 2017
- April 27: PACE 2017 (booth tear down 2pm - 4pm)
- April 28: San Diego, CA → Bakersfield, CA
- April 29: Bakersfield, CA → San Francisco, CA
- April 30: San Francisco, CA
- May 1: Berkeley/Oakland, CA
- May 2: Senoma, CA
- May 3: Senoma, CA
- May 4: San Francisco, CA → Sacramento, CA
- May 5: Sacramento, CA → Fallon, NV
- May 6: Fallon, NV → Ely, NV
- May 7: Ely, NV → Evanston, WY
- May 8: Evanston, WY → LaPorte, CO
Future Road TripsDon't be shy! You can help, and now is a great time to get in contact with Carl. Carl welcomes inquiries about potential stops. Give him a call or drop him a line if you would like to have him stop by to meet you or your painting group for a cup of coffee to talk painting, or to rummage around his traveling art supply store. We'll post more here as we know about stops and seminars any of you set up with him, so stay tuned!
For groups large or small Carl has three programs that artists around the country have enjoyed:
- "Paint Outside the Box -- Personal Style in Plein Air" A seminar/workshop centered around slides on Carl’s iPad: About 50 slides of work from the Renaissance to the present give context for a brief history of plein air painting and provide examples of the surprising diversity of styles that painters over the last 250 years have used to depict the world around them. For groups larger than 5 or 6, requires a room with a TV or surface to project on. The presentation takes about an hour. Carl encourages questions and discussion from participants – this often gets quite lively so, allow 2 hours.
- "Paint Small for Big Results" Equipment demo and discussion: Carl talks about the benefits of adding small paintings to your repertoire, not only to expand your opportunities to paint but to make big strides in your development as a painter. This is a nuts and bolts session with lots of opportunities for questions about paring your equipment down so that you can. About 1 hour.
- "Frank Reagh" Video: Frank Reaugh (pronounced ‘Ray’) was a unique turn of the century pastelist and naturalist in the Texas Panhandle – a really fine plein air painter. For groups larger than 5 or 6, requires a room with a TV or surface to project on. About ½ hour.
Carl's contact info:
His cell is 970-217-5759 (please leave a message if he can't answer or feel free to text him). Email him at: email@example.com. His website is: www.carljudson.com
Track My Tour: Carl posts regularly on Track My Tour with each new road trip. Keep up with his latest adventures! Past Track My Tour posts are available. Take a look:
- Albuquerque 2016
- Fall Color 2016
- Santa Fe 2016
- Tucson Loop 2016
- Southwest 2015
- Midwest 2015
- NAMTA 2014
- Plein Air Convention
- March 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- May-June 2013
- First Map